Thursday, December 4, 2008

The U

Top Ten Reasons why I would never go to the U
It might not be the worse school in Utah *cough* BYU *cough* but it still is a school that I wouldn't attend. 

10-I will give the Utes mad props for being the first school to bust the BCS and go on to win the fiesta bowl but it still wasn't the greatest bcs buster/fiesta bowl known to man and that makes it not as great. 
9-  They are suppose to be the most left winged school in Utah but somehow always lose to USU in the recycling competition. Yeah you guys are so far to the left and green... (sarcasm)
8-  Being part of "The Muss" muss means a state of disorder, confusion, or chaos. You can either think that is awesome or ridiculous... to me "The Muss" just sounds lame. 
7- The fight song "Utah man" it is f'ing ridiculous! 
6-  Commuter school! 
5- The only way to make college friends is by joining a frat or a sorority. I am no "Sor-whore" 
4- Your mascot if a hawk and you are the Utes... anyone else confused?
3- Outside of Utah no one would know you were talking about the University of Utah if you said "I went (or go) to the U." 
2- Although their basketball team is now looking okay they lost their opening game to Southwest Baptist! Oh the disappointment! 
1- I enjoy living on my own instead of in my parents basement! 

I obviously am happy with the Utah school that I attend, and would not attend the other few. In the end the U is much better then BYU but still not even comparable to going to USU. They have a great football team and you can't deny that but not even a BCS busting football team is worth going to if you will be living in your parents basement(period).

6 comments:

Pedro said...

wow seriously. you can seriously kiss my ass. your list is incredibly ludicrous and totally baseless. you fail to back up any argument you make. living in parents basements??? where did that come from? fight song?? what the hell are you talking about? you are the definition of a HATER. your football team has won how many games in the last ten years??? that was the most pathetic, baseless, and biggest waste of blog i have ever seen. thank you for putting it out that utah state is the biggest tree hugging hippie school in utah. im glad you all care so much about the enviroment. go make some tye-dye shirts......

Alexis Lopez said...

and you just made my post totally worth it!

Pedro said...

im glad. i really am. you sound like a freaking republican making statements with no base what so ever. if you want to show school pride talk about your own school.

Alexis Lopez said...

I will write about my school and have written about it. You just reinforced the writing of this blog once again especially because you went as far as calling me a republican. Hysterical!

Alexis Lopez said...

Also what part is baseless? Do i have friends going to the U? Yes I do! Do they still live with their parents? Yes they do! If I went to the U would I most likely be living with my parents? Yes! Why? Because it is a commuter school! Do we always win in recycling? Yes! Is your mascot a hawk? Yes! Do you guys sing "Utah Man"? Yes! Did you lose to Southwest Baptist? Yes! all my points actually do work and while they are my opinion on whether they are valid reasons not to attend the U they are still reasons that can be backed up. This is a blog about why I, Alexis Lopez, would never attend that school. Not why no one else shouldn't but why I decided not to. You can argue my opinion but it is still my opinion and still is why I wouldn't attend the U.

Pedro said...

your friends dont represent the U as awhole though. thats why its baseless. yes our bird is retarded but i believe it was the liberals who put the hawk as a mascot instead of and "indian." so why hate on something you stand behind? second you were not hating on the fact that we sing the utah fight song, you were being critical of the song itself by calling it ridiculous. again you didnt state the fact we sing it you just called it rediculous. i mean if you want to hate on it then pick out something in the song and hate on it. dont be general in your argument bc you only look more like a fool. your opinion is awful. yeah thats fine you would never go to the U but use something better than a stupid list with zero base. i mean you even go as far as to hate on the fact we were the first school to bust the bcs. girl are you serious?? do you hate on jordan for killing the jazz's shot at a title too even though he was the greatest of all time? my god you sound like a zoobie saying the utes bcs bust wasnt all that impressive. i mean i dont live with my parents, my roommate doesnt either. you cant generalize just because your friends live the way they do. i think thats called stereotyping. man i know a blog is a blog but goodness, try to sound intelligent when writing instead of an ignorant woman. im fine with hating on other schools and what not but seriously, before you hate on someone else, why dont you talk about how great your own school is. what is so great about usu anyway? whats so great about utah in the first place of that matter! haha!