Friday, December 24, 2010

I'm going all in

This post will be the final blogger day challenge post because I need all the time that I have tomorrow to write, "Christmas Curmudgeon."

Day 27- A picture of something you are afraid of.

This is a weird day because nothing comes to my mind that I am absolutely terrified of. I would put rodents, but I worked with a rat, and had to handle it, so that fear was overcome. Next I would put pigeons or ugly birds, but once again I worked with pigeons, so it was overcome. I can now see that a degree in psychology did accomplish something.  I am not scared of speaking in front of people, heights, being a lone, or what have you... there is still one cliche thing that frightens me though....

SPIDERS!!! AHHH!!!



Day 28- A picture of you a year ago and now, and how you have changed.

I guess this one should probably be deep, but I am not making any promises.


I dunno why I picked these pictures. Probably because Lia is great, and she is featured in both of them. As you can probably see nothing visually has changed. I do have a BS in Psychology, a ring on my left hand, and have seen 4 different countries since then. I continue to develop my opinions every year, and continue to grow, but I expect this will go on for the rest of my life. I feel much older, but it has only been a year. When I look at the pictures.... I don't think really much has changed, but I still feel that something has.


Day 29- A picture that always make you smile.

This picture is my senior year of high school at a HP premier. Pictured is J-Slut and Cambo. We hardly knew each other then, but I will forever love this picture. It was actually my debit card for quite sometime. PS the date is wrong.


Day 30- Who are you?

So easy, but so complicated.... I am Alexis Danielle Lopez. I am LDS, liberal, a complete HP geek, and in love with Daniel Hilker. I like to laugh, I love to talk, but more than anything else I love to learn. I think I can learn something from everybody in this world, no matter their level of education or political ideology (I am not saying I will necessarily be convinced that their "knowledge" is right). I love people, but not in the small talk kinda way. I don't like fluff.... I always want substance. Give me that, and you will get a pretty good friend in return (I think).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My husband forwarded me your blog today. He found it because you mentioned a game he created called words with friends. I read your post about Boyd K Packers talk. We are soul sisters. I plan to stalk you now.
Sincerely,
Katy

Alexis Lopez said...

Your husband created words with friends? He is the reason I have not paid attention to multiple conversations, but instead paid attention to my iphone. I blame my lack of manners completely on him. I am glad to see there are other Mormon's that felt similar about Packer's talk. We are soul sisters because I also gave up chai for the Mo life. Thanks for reading,
Alexis