Monday, December 13, 2010

Sing, sing a song. Sing out loud, sing out strong.

Day 17- Your favorite song.

This was incredibly hard. I have been thinking about it all day, and like always there will be more than one.

These are songs that I truly enjoy, and I think I will forever enjoy.


  • "Bohemian Rhapsody"- Queen; I love songs with no choruses. This has three distinctly different parts, but still flows perfectly. I don't think that I have ever heard this song, and not sang and danced along. It is a classic, and every knows it. Listening to "Bohemian Rhapsody" in a crowded room is great because everyone is singing and dancing. 
  • "Let Down" and "No Surprises"- Radiohead; What can I say? I am an Ok Computer kind of a girl. I love Thom Yorke, and Radiohead, so if I didn't list at least one song then this list would be a complete lie. Ok Computer kind of has a depressing sound to it (why I listen to it in the rain), but it doesn't make you feel that depressed, and dark because it leaves you with a twinge of hope in it too. I love it, and I think these songs encompass that feeling so well. 
  • "Eleanor Rigby" and "Hey Jude"- The Beatles and "Imagine- John Lennon; This is another group that I cannot list without getting my real feelings. Eleanor Rigby is supposed to be about the post war feeling, and that violin in it is perfect. Hey Jude is for Lennon's son when they were getting a divorce, but I think at the beginning when they sing, "take a sad song, and make it better" everyone's heart is lifted a little bit. Imagine is a beautiful song, and if you haven't heard it then I suggest you listen to it, "You may say that I am a dreamer, but I'm not the only one." 
  • "Temptation of Adam"- Josh Ritter; Everything this song alludes to is incredible, and just shows how great a writer Josh Ritter is. It is a song about the cold war, and two people a man and woman that are in a missile silo together, and they fall in love. At the end he is tempted to launch a nuke and start world war 3 just because he wants their love to last, and he doesn't believe it will outside in the real world, just like how eve is tempted with an apple by satan to have knowledge. There are so many great things about this song, but I will move to my last song. 
  • "Sin Wagon"- Dixie Chicks; I won't get into the meaning, but it is a well written song about rebelling (pretty much). I love it. I love Natalie Maines' voice. The twang is perfect, and the blue-grassy feel to this song makes you want to get up dance. 

No comments: