Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Day 25 & 26

So I didn't blog yesterday. Probably because this blogger challenge has gotten old. I think I will start doing double days (I know that it pretty much defeats the purpose), but I like the idea of being done on Friday. Don't you? Then "Christmas Curmudgeon" can come.

Day 25- Another picture of you and a family member


That is a picture of my child, Chaz. He is Dan and I's illegitimate puppy.
We love him with all our heart. He is A LOT bigger now. 
Day 26- A picture of something that means a lot to you

I don't know what to put. There are a lot of important things in my life that define me in some way or another. I feel like because it says "something" I should post a picture of a thing or idea, and not a picture of a person.


The Individual Soul/Mind. It might be confusing that this is what I picked, but I will try and explain. Christ sacrificed himself not for the group as a whole, but for each individual. Nothing is more destructive or helpful than an individual. The individual is so beautiful, and so powerful.  These two quotes explain this pick much better.... I am not as good at expressing my thoughts/feelings with words as John Steinbeck, and CS Lewis.

“And I feel that I am a man. And I feel that a man is a very important thing — maybe more important than a star. This is not theology. I have no bent toward gods. But I have new love for that glittering instrument, the human soul. It is a lovely and unique thing in the universe. It is always attacked and never destroyed “
-East of Eden

"Our species is the only creative species, and it has only one creative instrument, the individual mind and spirit of a man. Nothing good was ever created by two men. There are no good collaborations, whether in music, in art, in poetry, in mathematics, in philosophy. Once the miracle of creation has taken place, the group can build and extend it, but the group never invents anything. The preciousness lies in the lonely mind of a man. ... And this I believe: that the free, exploring mind of the individual is the most valuable thing in the world. And this I would fight for: the freedom of the mind to take any direction it wishes, undirected. And this I must fight against: any idea, religion, or government which limits or destroys the individual." 
-East of Eden

"Next to the Blessed Sacrament itself, your neighbor is the holiest object presented to your senses." 
-CS Lewis

No comments: