Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I left my heart in Logan, Utah

Day 19- A picture of someone you miss

So it is not going to be a picture of someone specific who I miss. It is going to be of a place....

UTAH STATE UNIVERSITY/ LOGAN, UT
 even in times like this...

I may have broken the rules a little bit, but a picture of the Campus represents so much more than me missing the campus. I miss.... taking naps on the quad during the few warm days of the spring semester, getting a marv 'n joe in the Hub with Dan, visiting Kara in the Quickstop, camping out with the Aggie faithful, spending hours in a small room waiting for basketball games and bounding with the others that are there too,  studying in a computer lab, and being interrupted by a friend, reading the statesman, walking to class hoping for some ice slippage, but that it doesn't belong to you, and just waking up every morning and going to Utah State University.

I don't want it to seem like I am living in the past because I am really about happy with where my life is now, and what is happening. I don't want to go back now, and am glad I graduate when I did. Logan was my home for four years, and it was hard to leave. I am glad that I was able to live with the people I did, meet the people I did, and do the things that I did while I was there. I will forever be an Aggie!

2 comments:

The Christensen's said...

I totally loved the ice slippage. I have some really good memories of you at USU!

Jessica Collett Larsen said...

Aww Lex... this post made me miss college and living with you, Kara and KP in the coke house. Moving on is a strange feeling... cause it makes you appreciate where you used to be so much more but not at a point where you want to stay where you were. I'm feeling very nostalgic!