Tuesday, November 23, 2010

An Unusual Update Post

If you have ever taken the time to read my blog, you will know that most are my opinions on issues hence the name "A Convenient Truth." I don't want to completely stray from that, but some important things happened in November, and I want to share them with the blog-o-sphere!

It didn't take long for me to realize that November 2010 would be one of the greatest months of my life, comparable to July 2007. All it took was 21 hours for my life to be completing changed due to the wondefulness that is November. How, you ask, because "Vesuvius, I am here. You are all I have. Fire of fire." Confused? Well then I feel horrible for you, but will try and explain. November 1, at around 9 pm a man by the name of Sufjan stepped out on the stage at Kinsbury Hall in SLC, and he made me feel every emotion in one instant/infinite moment.


Here is a taste, that truly doesn't give the performance the credit it deserves. (Impossible Soul pt1)

On friday the 5, I was able to enjoy my first Aggie game of the season at the Spectrum. Aggie basketball starting is always a great time. In my heart the song, "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" is talking about college basketball season, and particularly Aggie basketball season. 

The following week started with sushi on Monday, and then again on Thursday. I love sushi, and hadn't had it for far too long, so twice in one week is close to heaven. The best thing about the Thursday sushi is that it was in Denver with a wonderful man, and was followed by another concert.  A concert I almost equally enjoyed (that is saying a lot). Watching Josh Ritter, you can't help but smile. His lyrics are so creative, and sometimes absolutely hilarious. I have never been to a concert where the person preforming was truly having the best time there. I was having a freaking great time, but Josh was still loving it 10,000 times more than me.


After that I went back to Dan's house with a smile on my face and fell asleep. The next day, Daniel Hilker aka the most wonderful man in the world, proposed to me. He made tilapia, with pasta, and bruschetta, and asked me over a candle lit dinner. What a cutie! 

The following week, I was able to go the USU vs BYU game, and although the Aggies lost. It was a fun time, and I got to chat with a couple of my old efy children. It was a great time. 

Tonight is the night of the blizzapocolypse, and I will enjoy it by my fire with Sufjan's Songs for Christmas album. Then tomorrow Daniel arrives, and we get to watch aggie basketball, eat thanksgiving dinner, celebrate mexican thanksgiving, go shopping, see friends, and more aggie basketball. 

Novemeber, I love you! 

2 comments:

C&N Sherman said...

What exactly is talapia:)? Anyway, congrats again girly!!! I am so excited for you! Nothing better than getting engaged and knowing your going to be with who you love so much Forever!!! I'm excited to see you tonight and see that ring of yours

Jessica Collett Larsen said...

Yay Lex I'm so happy for you two!!!!