Saturday, November 27, 2010

Why not?

There is this "30 Day Blogger Challenge" going around, and although others started a good 20 days ago. I figure I might as well do it. I currently don't have much to blog about, so why not do this for 30 days.

#1- A recent picture and 15 interesting facts about yourself.


1- I have a talent for card and board games. I don't know why, but after I get the hang of these games, I can't lose. If you don't believe me ask my family, or friends. Phase 10, Small World, Ticket to Ride, Settlers, and Pounce are games that I have completely mastered. Don't believe me? Play me!

2- Music is incredibly important to me. I cannot stand musicians who don't try and do something unique. There are too many popular musicians right now that sound like everyone else. They are more like businessmen than musicians. They found a niche that makes money, and have utilized it. When I listen to music, I want to be listening to a true artist. I am not saying I have never fallen victim to a Taylor Swift, Rocket Summer, or Katy Perry song... I just don't consider them artists. I can never buy a single song off an album because to me that would be like buying a tenth of a painting. I want the full experience of what this person was trying to convey..

3- I can talk sports. I have met plenty of people who know more about sports than me, but I have never met someone who I can't carry a conversation with when it comes to sports. Even when it comes to that obscure sport called hockey, or in Utah... baseball.

4- Fish! Fish! Fish! That is all I want everyday, and if I could have it my way it would be raw.

5- On the sushi thing. I am absolutely convinced that I can get anyone to like it. After working at a sushi place for a year, I know the easy rolls to eat, and I know how to get someone to progress into more complex rolls.

6- Hipsters bug the hell out of me. That is all.

7- East of Eden is my all time favorite book. It is highlighted like my scriptures, and I read it or pieces of it as often as I can. John Steinbeck is a genius.

8- Garden State has been watched nearly 500 times by me, and that is not an exaggeration.

9- Lots of people say they hate politics, but I LOVE THEM!!!!

10- I back packed in Europe for 20 days.... all by myself, and it was marvelous.

11- I am Irish, Spanish, Mexican, Navajo, Jewish, French-Canadian, and Italian.

12- I have a mini-schnauzer/beagle (Schneagle) puppy named Chaz, and I love him to death.

13- My engagement ring is a pearl, not because a diamond is too expensive, but because I HATE diamonds. Pearls were actually the traditional stone for a wedding ring along with other gemstones. Diamonds are neither rare nor valuable. The only reason they cost so much is because the diamond industry only lets so few into the market at one time thus keeping them "rare." Blah to diamonds.

14- I live in a town where it is not unusual to see a person riding a horse down the street.

15- If I had a million dollars, I would buy plane tickets to multiple locations for Dan and I, and books, books, books, music, books, books, movies, books, sugar, books, books, books, and sushi.

2 comments:

Jessica Collett Larsen said...

Alexis, you are one of the most interesting people I know :). Is that my apartment I see in the background? I am privileged that it made it to your blog.

zj said...

Hi, Alexis. I hope it's okay that I am following your blog.
I just wanted you to know that I also hate buying only one or two songs from an album. I can't do it, either. It won't show in this comment, but I am all of a sudden fired up about this...haha until just now, I had no idea how important that was to me. Anyways, bye!