Monday, January 5, 2009

And so is life....

It has been quite awhile since I wrote a blog, so this one will be extra special! By extra special I mean almost the exact same!

What I have learned in the past month or so.... 
  • Utah State Basketball is all it's cracked up to be! The Aggies may not be getting that much attention from the state (big surprise) but they are getting plenty of national attention! Check it out Kyle Whelliston on espn.com! WAC play starts today and I feel an amazing season coming on. Plus the newbie point guard is possibly the greatest rebounding guard, can shoot the three, and somehow can dunk (Lebron style)! 
  • Taco Bell is still a glorious place! I eat there way too much and my body is starting to not enjoy it but as I paid for my weekly late night meal tonight. I began talking to the cashier! I somehow ended up with a lot more food then I purchased! AKA They put free food in my bag! It made me remember how awesome Taco Bell is! 
  • I love Seinfeld! I especially love Elaine and see where some of my antisocial characteristics and judgments have come from. 
  • There are a few horrible words that a guy could call a girl including: "Slut", "Whore", and my personal least favorite "Bitch." For a while I have been looking for the words that a girl could call a guy. I thought that "Jackass" was pretty fantastic and then I stumbled upon it... the word "douchebag" is possibly the worst insult for a guy coming from a girls mouth.  Like any other type of name calling or curse word, you must use it sparingly as to not allow it to lose its shock factor! Use it well, girls! 
  • Driving out to Provo to watch BYU's home court winning streak come to an end is always worth it! Watching the 23,196 fans in the Marriot Center wipe tears from their eyes is the greatest.  Also being able to do the "right left" cheer 3 times while being surrounded by cougar fans is amazing! I hope everyone is able to enjoy this one day!
  • The NBA and the NFL will let you down! AKA the Jazz continue to lose and the Cowboys didn't make the playoffs! That is still blowing my mind the freaking NFL dream team didn't make the playoffs! 
  • Houston Baptist players are radical!
  • Guitar Hero World Tour is addicting and incredibly time consuming! 
  • Staying up until 7 am on news years night is never a good idea. Although enjoyable and full of many awesome moments, when you sleep in until 3:30 pm then getting to bed before 6 the next morning is very hard. Suddenly your circadian rhythm is off! This is why I am up right now writing a blog! Oh well I love it! 


2 comments:

Jennica said...

oh i can tell your blog will be entertaining and fun to read! GO UTAH STATE!

Rachel Marie said...

Hello Lexy! I stumbled upon your blog today because I wanted to read about your london adventures. But I saw this little part and I wanted to agree with your bit about curse/rude words to call a woman and lack of equivalents for dudes. But I do like calling some dudes d-bags. I also agree on the sparingly comment. I actually wrote a paper about using cuss words sparingly... I liked my paper.

Anyway, that is all! Keep having fun on your travels!