Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day 14

It is so warm in Ireland. I am wearing shorts and a t-shirt. Everyone is shocked by the weather because it is usually rainy and cold. I think it is funny that Utah is experiencing rain and snow while Ireland is unbelievably sunny!
Anywho this day I went to malahide castle and walked around malahide. The castle was cool. Smaller than others because it just belonged to an Irish clan,  and wasn't for royalty. 
After that I went and visited trinity college. I saw the book of kells and the library at trinity where they shot some Harry Potter footage. 

Day 15

My last read day in Ireland. I went to the national library in hopes of doing some geneology because the people who worked there were supposably amazing. Welp turns out they couldn't really help me get any farther than I already was but oh well. After that I went to the archaeological museum and saw some old dead bodies, bones and all. I saw some other cool things too. 
I then went to a local farmers market. It was pretty small and didn't hbe anything that great but was still fun to visit. 
After all that I got all my stuff packed up, ate, and tried to get to bed early because I had to wake up at 4 am to get to the airport. 

Day 16

After an early flight I arrived in the city of love, Paris!
With the help of some other American backpackers, I found the metro line and my hostel. I dropped off my bags and headed for a tour of Paris. I find it is a good way to meet people and get to know the city to start out witha walking tour. After 3 and a half hours of touring Paris which included sights such as notre dame, the louve, the Eiffel tower, and much much more. I made my way to the Eiffel tower to go up and see Paris from up high. It was beautiful, but Paris isn't really a city with skyscrappers so the lower view and highest view were actually quite similar. One was just higher up. 
Paris is a lovely city, but not knowing the language is proving harder than you would think especially when I am trying to get food. Oh well! I will only have to deal with the French for a few more days....  

1 comment:

dhilk3785 said...

How fun!! It seems like the older cities, I guess primarily Europe, don't have as many skyscrappers as we do in the US... I wonder why they built out rather than up.. We've kind of done both here huh... :)