Thursday, May 20, 2010

The stone of destiny

Day 8

Glasgow, Scotland! After a three and a half hour train ride from Liverpool, I arrived in Glasgow! I checked into my hostel, set up camp, and went out in the city. Glasgow is a bit more modern and I was in the middle of the city so I went around to all the shops and checked out what they had. Sadly I didn't buy anything because I am poor and there is no room in my backpack.

Day 9

Edinburgh, Scotland! I took a forty minute train ride over to Edinburgh and went on a pretty legit free walking tour. I learned about William Wallace and the stone of destiny. We visited Edinburgh castle and THE cafe where Harry potter was born. We also saw many other Harry potter related things and learned about the midevil history of Edinburgh. It was very interesting. Afterwards I ate haggis a traditional Scottish dish and it was alright. Everyone around ke was loving it but I am not a big meat lover anyways. I then wonders the city some more. It really was a very interesting place and definitely my favorite city so far aka everyone should visit edinburgh. It is beautiful and the achitecture really makes you feel like you went back in time.

Day 10

Today, I woke up at 4:00 because I had a flight to Dublin to catch. When I got to my hostel in Dublin it was 8:00 am and I was beat. We couldn't check in until 1 so I fell asleep on a couch in the front lobby for a few hours. After I woke up from my nap I walked around the city and market of Dublin. It seems like a really cool city. Today I felt really greasy and tired so it has been my lazy day. Tomorrow at 8, I am going on a bus tour that the hostel provided to the place where braveheart and ps I love you were filmed. It is the country of Ireland and is suppose to be absolutley breathtaking. I am pretty excited. The tour goes till 5:30 so I will probably be worn out when I get back and shower eat then relax and prepare for the next day.

In Dublin I am thinking of my mother and by special request, kara brown

1 comment:

dhilk3785 said...

I didn't know Braveheart was filmed in Ireland cause William Wallace was Scotish, as you learned about on your Edinburgh visit. So cool though! I bet it is beautiful there!