Sunday, May 23, 2010

Ireland

Day 11

 I went on a bus tour through the irish countryside. It was beautiul! Seriously arguably the most beautiful place in the world. On that tour we also went to a small town kilkenny and I visited the castle and saw other cool sights. Afterwards I went to a true irish pub with a bunch of german girls who were staying in my hostel. I am going to be very stereotypical but I was worried when they invited me because a bunch of Germans in an Irish pub would normally equal a rowdy night haha. None of them drank though.  It was fun to just sit, relax, talk, and take in the atmosphere. Don't worry i ordered a coke! I also got id'ed Whig bugged me because I am 21 and you only have to be 18. I think it was because those girls were all 18 and 19. 

Day 12

Tour de Dublin. I went on a walking tour through Dublin. It was cool to learn about Irish history and the different buildings in Dublin. I have a new found hatred for the British. They treated the Irish like absolute scum. F the red coats ;). After the tour I went out to eat with a few people that were on the tour. It was fun I ate Irish bacon. It was really good ham but their cheesy potatoes were not as good as my moms. After that I came back to my hostel and watched some huge soccer game. I still don't really understand what it was for. All I know is that Barcelona won. 

Day 13

All the museums and things I wanted 
to check out are closed today so I just walked around the shopping area and thought about buying somethings for my nephews but first I want to find out what the newest member of the clan will be before I make any purchases. 

I love my Irish roots and have enjoyed my time in Ireland. I will be here for two more days and then very early Wednesday morning I fly to Paris. I am a little nervous to start my true foreign leg of the journey aka where English is not the native language buy excited for the sights i will see an the people I will meet. 
 

2 comments:

Nate & Mandi said...

Yay! It looks like you are having so much fun, I am jealous! I have always wanted to go to Paris... *sigh*. Maybe I'll just fly out and visit. They could deliver the baby on the plane, right?

dhilk3785 said...

Everything in Ireland sounds like it has been so much fun! The rest of your trip is going to be so fast by traveling constantly.