Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Trains planes and automobiles

Day 5
One of my favorite days so far! I woke up later than I wanted to due to the annoying Brazillians that I was sharing my hostel room with
Side story-
 I think it is a culture thing, but they talk incredibly loud. They sat and talked until like 2 in the morning. I swear they only have one volume of speech and that is yelling. The next morning they wake up at 7 am and talk loudly until they leave at 8. I fell asleep right after they left and got 4 hours of good sleep! The next night I was onery so at about midnight when they were talking loud and stomping around the hostel. I not so politely asked them to use their inside voice. I got a much better nights sleep!
Okay now back to my favorite day so far. I took the train up to Windsor Castle. This is the largest inhabited castle in the world (I think). The queen and royal family spend some nights here, and her majesty was there. I know this because a certain flag is flying over her private estate when she is there. It was cool because you actually get to go in the castle and walk around some parts. It is huge! I hot a picture next to a guard who was rolling his eyes the whole time because a bunch of tourists just kept taking pictures with him. I bet that is every guards least favorite place to stand because it is one of the few places where you can actually stand right next to the guard. 
I am glad that Anne told me to see Windsor because it wad rad. 
I took a train to oxford after that and walked around and saw their campus. When I got back to London. I went back to my hostel and sat in the bar. I always sit in the bar because that is where the wifi is. I feel bad because I never order anything but oh well, I need the Internet. 

Day 6
I loved this day too! I was planning on going to church but the tube to Hyde park corner was shut down so I didn't know how to get there. Instead I took a trip to Salisbury. This is where Stonehenge is. It was a cool site to see. When I got back to London I went to London bridge, and then back to my hostel because they were showing the NBA game. I have no idea what is going on in the real sports world and it is a little frustruting. I have watched cricket and soccer (i refuse to call it football). Soccer is fun to watch, but cricket is quite possibly the dumbest sport ever. It is basically just a game for people who suck at baseball. I know that it was invented before baseball, but it really doesn't look like it takes as much talent. I guess I am just an ignorant american. 

Day 7
Today I went to Manchester for a couple hours. Now I am in Liverpool for the night. In honor of my trip to Liverpool I will only be listening to the beatles or beatles remixes until I leave tomorrow. 
In Manchester I picked up a man- u jersey because if I am a soccer supporter. I should support the best soccer team so yes I am now on that bandwagon. 
In Liverpool I got lost for the first time. I missed my bus stop and didn't realize until I was a long ways away from my hostel. I got off the bus and got a taxi to my hostel. The taxi driver was way nice and explained to me how to get back and forth from the city centre to my hostel so that I wouldn't get lost again. He also told me about the rivarly between the everton and Liverpool soccer clubs. I told you I was becoming a soccer supporter haha. 
After wasting time being lost I got to my hostel unloaded and headed to Albert dock and saw the beatles story museum. I walked around Liverpool university and then headed back to my hostel on the bus. I did not miss my stop this time.  

Tomorrow I leave fr Scotland! Can't wait to write about Glasgow and Edinburg. 

5 things I miss most*

5- American sports 
4- a big comfy bed
3- a clean bathroom
2- family 
1- Danny 

*if you don't see yourself on this list you are #6. Still in my top ten but just not in the top 5 yet. I really do love and miss you all!

This was written yesterday, but the Internet went out before I could post.  Now I am in Glasgow.  

2 comments:

dhilk3785 said...

I miss you too! I love how through your whole post about soccer you wrote support. You're picking up on their lingo! What a wonderful trip you are taking!

Dirty South said...

Lex its er, I am so glad I can finally read this. I just read everything you have posted so far and it sounds like your having fun. Miss you, and I know I am number 6 on your list :)
love er